Ziplock bags come in so many different sizes, it can get confusing trying to figure out the size that will fit your needs best.
Here is a short and simple list of sizes and their capacities:
Pint – 6×9
Quart – 7×8
½ Gallon – 8×10
Gallon – 8×10
2 Gallon – 13×15
The next time you are packing away food and want to portion it accurately, use this small list to help choose the right plastic bag size to accommodate you.
Here is some additional “food for thought”…
- For freezing, 3 or 4 Mil plastic bags are standard and most recommended.
- Large bags are great for mixing salads, kneading dough and just about anything else that can keep your fingers from getting sticky and counter tops from getting dirty! Throw the ingredients into the big bag, seal the ziplock shut and shake.
- White-block bags are perfect for easy labeling the item and date when storing.
- Store open snacks and open food packages in a reclosable bag to retain the freshness and keep them from spilling.
- Our bags are food safe, they are USDA and FDA approved.